ENGAGEMENT- CASE STUDY 4

Highly engaged staff go extra mile
and win ongoing client loyalty

In 2014, an Australian/New Zealand professional services firm received a request from a prestigious client late on a Friday afternoon that they needed a complex report ready for Monday morning.

The firm’s partners, who had implemented a continuous strategy of staff engagement, immediately called a whole-of-firm meeting to ascertain if their team would be willing to help perform this task over the weekend. The response was overwhelming—95% agreed, while the other 5% had legitimate reasons for not participating.

Over the next two days they worked in excess of 24 hours and completed the final report late Sunday. The client was delighted, and rewarded the firm by placing several large projects with them in the following months, citing their unquestioned loyalty and commitment. The firm’s partners also awarded their staff an ex-gratia payment as a “thank you” for their efforts.